spring cleaning: beware...if you are a neat freak...you may avoid this post!

>> Wednesday, March 25, 2009

so, if you know me, you know that i do not have a neat freakish bone in my body...i have dreams to be organized, but the reality is i.am.not (and if you don't know me personally, please don't judge me by this post...please, please, please!)! well, i am organized, but in my own way...if you ask me where something is i can tell you exactly...now if you can get to it, that's another story :) anyway, i try to keep most the house tidy, but ever since we moved in a few years back, this office has always stayed the "catch all" for the crap in our lives! if we can't find a place for it...it ends up here...ugh! we also live in a very old house with very limited closet space, so that definitly doesn't help.
anyway, my mom came over last saturday to help get me started with this office clean up...it was just too big of an ordeal for me to tackle by myself...to overwhelming! since it is going to be the new baby's room, though, i figured i better get started...yes, i have five more months, but i just know that the longer i put it off, the harder it would be. so i am posting some before and after pics...i know, the befores are ugly! but honestly, after 5 hours of cleaning, sorting, dusing, vacuuming & one gigantic bag of garbage, i felt really good about where we decided to stop for the day. there is still a lot to be done, a lot to get rid of, a lot to shred, but it seems so much more manageable and i love that i can walk in this room now and not feel overwhelmed! thanks mama for coming to help me, you're the best! now...when we gonna get started on the rest ;)

before:



after:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP