pea pods

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

i saw these super cute pea pod necklaces on etsy and then at an arts festival i went to last weekend. i sooooo wanted to get one, but really thought i could make them or something similar myself. i have a few friends that make jewelry and i just knew that one of them would help me figure it out! i thought these pea pods would make perfect mother's day presents for all the mama's we celebrate! sooooo, ava spent part of the day with her nonna (bo's mom) and i thought that would be the perfect opportunity to go to the bead shop and get all the materials i would need to create these little cuties. of course, not knowing anything about making jewelry, i took a picture and asked one of the ladies working if she could help me find the materials i might need. well, she thougth the little pods were adorable (she hadn't seen them before) and helped me find all the wire and things i needed. then she sat down with me and walked me through how to make one. first she showed me (i watched her) and then we made one together (both of us working one, me following her lead). she probobly spent a good 45 minutes with me and i am so grateful! she was so kind and patient and i will not forget that. if you live in the fort worth area and need any jewelry making/beading supplies, definitly go to the artful bead, off Trail Lake Drive. there is even a "play table" where people come in and sit and just work on projects. the atmosphere is so positive...i left feeling so good! i came home and made several pea pods and am so excited to give them for mother's day gifts!!!! here are just a few of the sweet pea pods i made :) i am loving them!!!


Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves.
~james m. barrie

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

I love them - how darn cute are they!!

{I need 5 peas in my pod....}

I used to make earrings many years ago and it was so enjoyable and relaxing...prekids of course:)

Cindy Lou April 28, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

Amanda,
You inspire me. Excited to see you today! Great quote!

jdavissquared April 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

i have been seeing pea pod necklaces everywhere, and loving them too! we're so weird.
great job! I'm sure everyone will love them!

amandanbo April 29, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

thanks so much girls!!! gotta love a pea pod!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP