beginning the battle...

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2009

40 lbs...that's the goal...to get rid of 40 lbs. i have done this before when i was 20 and finally made the decision to shed the freshman 40 i gained when i went to college. i have done this before. maybe that is why i am dreading it. i know that it isn't easy. i know that it isn't fast. i know that there is no magic pill i can take or spell i can cast...all i have is blood, sweat & tears...and that is how i get it done. can't afford a trainer, cancelled my gym membership when i was pregnant because they shut the one down close to my house, didn' t want to drive 20 minutes to the other one...and i wasn't using it anyway. i will have to do this alone with my collection of work out dvd's and the great outdoors.
i am doing this for me. so i can feel how i used to. i know i may never fully regain my pre-pregnancy bod...things definitly change a bit after having kids...but i have also seen women look even more fabulous after having kids than they did before....so there's always that little ray of sunshine to hold onto. all i know is i have gone from a health fanatic exercising 6-7 days a week, eating all things green and only allowing a "treat" maybe once a week, to the lady that has a bowl of ice cream and calls it lunch and then has another after dinner for desert...there has to be a happy medium and i am on a mission to find it!
sooooo....i am not going to turn this into my weight loss blog...but i will write about it a bit now and then...for me. i have to do this and even though i am doing it alone, i need something to hold me accountable...and for now, this will have to do.
wish me luck!
~a

6 comments:

Cindy Lou September 3, 2009 at 4:11 AM  

Based on my perception of how you somehow manage to have such a full and enjoyable life while raising two small children, this will be just one more thing for me to envy you for! Seriously, I think you will find that doing it without a gym membership and a regularly scheduled visit to a treadmill might be more enjoyable and also may result in a habit that's harder to break. If it's part of your daily life in a way that fits - isn't forced - you will be more likely to hang on to it. You'll do great!

jdavissquared September 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

You can do it girlie! You're amazing, and I know when you put your mind to something that you really want, there's not a whole lot that can keep you from getting it. Believe me, I understand the struggle of eating well, especially when we have the metabolism-blessed husbands that we do. Good luck and I'll be here to talk you away from the ice cream and brownies if necessary...I could use that myself, really! Love you!

Molly September 3, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Good luck! I will be right there with you soon! All I can say is that it helps sooooo much to have other people to exercise with. Do you have any girl friends who want to start jogging or swimming laps or getting together for yoga/DVD workouts? I am best when I have peer pressure to do something every day. You can do it!

(PS--I've been there, too. Lost 20 pounds a few years ago because I had accidentally let myself put on weight. I, too, know it is not easy. But at least we both know it's possible, right?)

amandanbo September 3, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

@ cindy: you are so sweet! i am hoping it will help that i am just going to have to fit it in when i can throughout the day...even if that means while ava is playing at the park i am doing lunges! ha!

@ jen: i am definitly going to need a voice to talk me away from all things sweet...the one in my head isn't very convincing!

@ molly: i would love to exercise with a friend or two, but not sure it is actually something i can plan out...think i'm just going to have to fit it in...i too do best with peer pressure and something holding me accountable...a friend a work out time, whatever! i might try to work out a day a week to get together with a buddy...not sure i could plan out more than that!
and yes, so glad we know it's possible!

thanks so much for your support girls! i'm gonna need every bit of it!

~a

MELANIE September 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Good for you!! You can do it! Best of luck to you :)

Karen September 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Not trying to get personal, but... are you breastfeeding? I couldn't believe how that helped me lose babyweight. If not, long walks with the stroller are great. There might even be a stroller work-out group in your area!
Sounds like you know how to do it though. Wishing you the best! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP