patience...

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

i iread this quote on another blog i love to read...it spoke to me, wanted to share.
Being an artist means: not numbering and counting, but ripening like a tree, which doesn’t force its sap, and stands confidently in the storms of spring, not afraid that afterward summer may not come. It does come. But it comes only to those who are patient, who are there as if eternity lay before them, so unconcernedly silent and vast. I learn it every day of my life, learn it with pain i am grateful for: patience is everything!
Rainer Maria Rilke
Letters To A Young Poet

my photography is my journey, my passion. i have learned so much over the past two years and have barely scratched the surface of all their is to know. i have to remind myself to be patient, to keep shooting and learning and every once in a while i get a shot of one of my children that melts my heart, makes me smile, laugh out loud, or even get a little emotional.
i am excited to go on a little excursion with my photography meet up group saturday morning. i love getting together with this group of people, learning from them, sharing with them, and all for the love of photography. it's gonna be good getting out and doing something for just me, it's been too long.
xo,
a

3 comments:

Pie for the Eye April 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

What a lovely quote, thanks for sharing it. Enjoy your meet up!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP