springedy spring

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

if i were a season, i would want to be spring. love spring. warmth is creeping in, everything is blooming, beautiful, & new. it's like a fresh start each year. the texas bluebonnets are my favorite sign of spring. i love driving down the highways and seeing patches of blue & green sprinkled along the way, like happy little reminders that spring is here!
i took the littles out to check out my favorite local bluebonnet fields and see how things are blooming. i am taking some pics for friends and family this year, so wanted to make sure things looked good before i drug everyone out there! my favorite field looked so gorgeous in the evening light, so despite the wind, we decided to head out and try and get some bluebonnet shots. it was cRAzY windy out, so hollis ended up in the stroller most of the time and ava's hair was a hot mess...we're gonna try again another night. she had so much fun dancing in the flowers. i had so much fun watching her. we needed tonight. a night giggling among the blue and green dancing in the wind and the setting sun.

these were some of my favorites {even with crazy hair and wind!}.





jon and jen are going to have the most gorgeous drive down next week! {yes, that's right, i said NEXT WEEK!!!!!} i CAN'T wait to see them!!!!!!!! counting the days!
xo,
a
oh, and friends, if you want me to take some bluebonnet shots for you, let me know! i'd love to meet up with you.

3 comments:

Molly April 7, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Lupin (bluebonnets) are my favorite flowers! Around here we usually head to fields of mustard flowers. I'd love to see an entire field of bluebonnets.

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

So gorgeous! Wish I lived nearby...I'd take you up on your offer!

jdavissquared April 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

YAY! Maybe you can take some shots of us while we're there? I would love that!

I actually like the windyness of these...it kinda adds to the nature of it all!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP