blogland frustration...

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

so there is something happening in blogland that i don't like so much {makes me feel like the picture below...grouch-ie}. this post is pretty much going to be a longwinded rant about this little pet peeve i have. before i get into it, let me just state that i am a firm believer of

"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

so...here goes...

so it seems that every week there is some blogger whining about some comment that "anonymous" left. either asking a question, making a statement, or whatever. then the blogger proceeds to either answer the question {very defensively}, and also point out several times throughout said post that this person remained anonymous, was rude, blah, blah, blah.

so, what is my problem with this...i don't like people being rude, why would i get annoyed????

i guess i just really feel that when you start a blog about your personal life, about personal things and events that are going on in your life, you open your life up to criticism, and judgy-judgy people. {yes, you also open your life up to support, amazing new friendships, and connection to family far away...wonderful, wonderful things!}. i knew when i started blogging and chose to go public that anyone and everyone could peek into moments of my life and my family's life. i knew that criticism might be around the corner...i am just so annoyed with all of this drama in blogland! because after these posts, you know all the comments are bashing anonymous or the topic, it is just annoying and feels so middle school. i have actually quit reading a few of my favorite blogs because it seemed that every other blog post was about this, just left me with a very negative feeling. i know i do not have a big blog following and haven't experienced any of these types of comments, but good grief, if i did, i would hope i would just roll it off and know that if the person didn't care enough to leave their name in the comment then they must not be that important....you know?!
it is so sad how judgmental of a world we live in...so many things we should support each other through and instead many judge. sad, sad.

so yes, tonight i am irritated and edgy and maybe on another night this wouldn't bother me...but tonight, after reading two very negative blogs about this subject, i just had to get my feelings out there {and didn't want to leave all this in a blog comment!} ...so now i have written a negative blog and no, it hasn't helped...sorry if you feel all "blah" now....
can't we all just get along?!
on a happier note...casey james from american idol lives just down the street from me! i found this out because of the american idol limo and row of police cars outside his house this afternoon! he is my favorite and can't believe he has been right under my nose this whole time living in my neighborhood!

6 comments:

jdavissquared May 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

you're so cute. I always wonder about these "anonymous" comments too. I haven't received any myself, so i'm not sure how i'd react to them. I think you either have to ignore it, or confront it head on, no name calling, whining, or getting defensive. i mean, there's no reason people need to be rude, but making it into a big production doesn't seem like a good use of time for anyone either.

i have no idea who this american idol is, but that's awesome! i haven't watched it in years. ;)

love you!

amandanbo May 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

oh, jen...i am in such a crabby mood {obvi}...you are exactly right...such a waste of time...so annoying!
xoxoxo

Molly May 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I agree. I say if you're going to leave a nasty comment, have the decency to post under your real name. Otherwise it looks like you're ashamed of what you're writing. It's okay to do bad things if no one knows it was you, right? Ha. Do you read Nie Nie's blog? Every once in a while she mentions the mean anonymous comments or emails she receives, but she mostly just brushes it off. Seems like she mentions it in her blog mostly out of amusement. I would hope I could be like that, too. Although I'd probably just delete the comments in order to avoid having the rest of the comments be filled up with people defending me. That's almost just as annoying.

amandanbo May 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

@ molly! so glad i'm not the only one!
i do read nie nie and whenever she mentions a comment i always wonder why anyone would want to be mean or hurtful to that lovely lady? it blows my mind that she gets ugly comments! people are just crazy...
i do love how she is able to just roll it off {and not make a big production out of it} or if you read DOOCE, she has a whole section specifically for rude comments and she makes jokes about them! it's kind of funny to read through. {sometimes i think people just have way to much time on their hands!}

Misti May 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

For a long time I was kinda quiet about my blog but now I just don't even care who knows. I still 'censor' myself to some extent but I am trying to be more real and just realize that everyone has an opinion whether I like it or not. I think anonymous comments are kinda rude, though, mostly because if you have something to say, at least stand behind your comment and put your face with it!

amandanbo May 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

misti, i totally agree...if you're gonna comment, at least make yourself known! yep, yep, yep!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP